Extra Provincial / Federal Corporations and Cooperatives

There are two ways to cancel the registration of an extra provincial or federal entity in Manitoba:

  1. File an Application for Cancellation of Registration with the fee of $60.00.
  2. Submit a letter requesting that the corporation be placed on the next Cancellation list. Once received, the corporation will be cancelled in approximately 90 days. There is no filing fee.

Note: The registration of a corporation will be cancelled if it doesn't file its Annual Returns for two consecutive years. This doesn't apply to Business Corporations from British Columbia, Alberta or Saskatchewan.

To re-start a corporation:

  1. File a Request for Name Reservation if the registration of the corporation has been cancelled for more than 180 days.
  2. File an Application for Restoration with outstanding Annual Returns.

Refer to the following for more information:

top of page